- A working server-side inventory
- Survival multiplayer servers don’t save chunks as often, and they don’t resave if they have been saved in the past thirty seconds
- Moving too far away from a container, or having it blow up, closes the inventory screen
- The /kill command has been fixed
- Leaf decay reintroduced, which acts differently from before
- Eggs are now able to be thrown
- Added a “super exclusive” clan cloak for Mojang employees
- “.. and something else, which is even more rare”
Other things not in the list above but are included in the update are:
- There is a 1/8 chance for a chicken to spawn when an egg is thrown
- Players can now see the names of items they hover over in-game
The “something else” that is said to be “rare” will definitely trigger a new hype within the Minecraft community. Also, there may be a possibility of clans making an appearance since Mojang employees now have exclusive clan cloaks.
Since Minecraft has entered its Beta phase, the price has been raised by a few dollars, however, if purchased during the Beta phase, those who purchase it will not receive the “lifetime-subscription” they would have received when purchased in Alpha. This could mean that players have to pay for all future expansions (such as Beta to Release).
Source: [The Word of Notch]